Relapses are common to those who are following any kind of diet, especially to those who are new to maintaining a plant based / whole food diet. I mean who doesn’t crave all the tasty stuff every now and then ? Don’t get all upset about relapsing sometimes. Study your process of transitioning to whatever diet you’re following and see what made you relapse. As a raw vegan i have relapsed multiple times, but i have used the relapse as a tool to see the damage that it has done to my body and it made me even stronger to continue and build up on my diet. Here are a few tips to help you get through the relapse and overcome it.
1. Stop and ask yourself, “What happened?” Look into and question yourself what brought on the lapse.
2. Relax. breathe deeply and remind yourself, “One slip-up does not make me a failure.”
3. Remind yourself how far you have come, and how disappointed you’ll give up after one slip-up.
4. Think about what pushed you to your lapse. What can you do differently next time?
5. Get back on track. You did it the first time, so go ahead and do it again.
6. Ask for help from those people who are supportive and who want you to succeed, or those who are following the same lifestyle as you.